First production meeting of the morning. (Photo - Gwen Gose)
ABOUT DIANA WEEKS
Producer - Playwright - Educator
DIANA WEEKS is a former political correspondent and a member of
the Board of Governors for Texas Nonprofit Theatres, responsible for initiating the TNT
Playwright-in-Residence Program. She has taught theatre in elementary schools for the
Texas Institute for Art in Education, and is an art educator for the Texas
Commission for the Arts.
Original plays include:
And musicals written with KATE PAXTON:
- THE SURVIVAL OF "KITTY" MCDOWELL
at the Alamo Theater in San Antonio)
- A LITTLE LITE LARCENY
- JANEY AND THE TEXAS HEROES
- MYTH-CONCEPTIONS (commissioned by Planned Parenthood).
- BACK HOME
- CURIOUS CHRISTMAS CRASH
- THE TURKEY REBELLION
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
Producer Diana Weeks and Box Office
Manager Roslyn Cash.
Recently produced shows include:
- BOHEMIAN GROVE - by Australian playwright Jeremy Johnson
- TOLSTOY IS DEAD (in English and French) - by award-winning Houston playwright Elizabeth Gilbert
- WRITE ON WATER - A theatre/dance drama by Vanessa Curto
- BODY RATIO: 1.8 - A co-production with Women's Works
- RAY HILL: The Prison Years - "BEST ONE-MAN SHOW" -- Houston Press
- RAY HILL: Sex Police
"I think Ray Hill is an important scourge. . . I think (the show) could go to any major city . . . The abuses he talks about, the
anti-gay prejudice -- those are present in all the major cities." -- Playwright Edward Albee,
three-time Pulitzer Prize dramatist
DIANA WEEKS has produced KIDS/ART - a 30-minute TV show for the City of Houston municipal channel,
and she plans to take Ray Hill: The Prison Years
on a national college campus tour in 2000.
See COMING ATTRACTIONS for more on this and other productions.
ANOTHER DIANA WEEKS PRODUCTION * 4202 Garrott, Suite 4, Houston, TX 77006 * 713/523-2802
Very Special Thanks to MARGIE BEEGLE, partner in charge of
the media/graphics department.
TEL: (713) 523-2802 FAX: (713) 523-2872